Patient Care Technician
The patient care technician career training at BAH Career Training will prepare students to assist doctors and nurses in doctor’s offices, hospitals, nursing homes, and hospices. Our instructors will teach students all of the vital aspects of becoming a patient care technician. The main focus of this program is to prepare our students to become patient care technicians in large medical facilities, such as hospitals and hospices.
A patient care technician is responsible for many supportive tasks in the medical field. Some tasks that a patent care technician may be ask to perform are:
• Taking and Documenting a Patient’s Blood Pressure, Heart Rate, and Pulse
• Changing a Patient’s Bedding
• Helping a Patient Bathe
• Monitoring a Patient’s Food Intake
• Checking a Patient for Bedsores or Other Skin Problems
• Ensuring a Patient Receives the Correct Dosage of Medication
• Assist a Doctor or Nurse with Physical Examinations
• Maintaining Medical Charts
• Assist in Properly Sterilizing Rooms
• Deliver Medical Supplies to Rooms
• And Much More
Our patient care classes will teach students how to operate safely and effectively in this supportive role. To successfully pass this course, students will be expected to demonstrate that they can perform all necessary functions of this job, such as: providing supportive and competent assistance for other medical professionals, and ensuring the safety of patients and other staff members.
Upon completion of this course, we provide job placement assistance to help our new graduates find employment as a patient care technician. We also provide assistance with resume writing and interviewing skills to help ensure the employment success of our students. We are signing up new students for our upcoming patient care classes now at our Garland, TX campus. Stop by today and learn more about how our career training can have you working in a great new medical career.